Apr 17, 2011

Rediscovered Love


Now heres something most people don't know about me.

See, when I was growing up, during my school days, we didnt have cable connection on our TV. Which I am very thankful for, because that is the time I took up pretty much everything that makes me happy till this day - writing, singing, dancing, dreaming about my brilliant future... and drawing.
While most of these things found their way into the future somehow, there was drawing, that was abandoned somewhere along the way. It was infact my most favourite of all activities - I remember a ship that I had sketched while in the 6th standard, because I was bored on a Sunday afternoon, using one of those cool pen-pencil things :D I remember my art teacher telling me its impossible that I used only one pencil to draw the whole thing. I dont know exactly why, but ever since college began (pretty much a decade ago), I gave up drawing alltogether.

And today while strolling along the aisle at Hypercity, wondering if the cute guy I passed in the sports aisle was someone I had seen before (he turned out to be one of the TV actors from one of Mom's saas-bahu saga's)... I came to the stationery aisle and decided to go crazy. I ended up buying myself pretty much everything there was, including this super awesome set of oil pastels and came home to start trying it all. And this is what I ended up with.


Not too bad for a first timer, never-used-em'-before Oil Pastel-er eh? :P I know it looks like something a child would draw :P but lol I am one anyway! :) ... I think I am going to do more of these. This made me REALLY happy in a pretty sad week.

-- Songlist for inspiration --
I Giorni - Ludovico Einaudi
January Rain - OST Serendipity
Slide, Name, Black Balloon - Goo Goo Dolls
Broken (Acoustic version) - Seether feat. Amy Lee
October - Evanescence

~Annie.
P.S: What would I do without my precious Visa power.. Mom you really shouldn't have! :D
________________________________________________________________
Now Playing: Goodbye My Almost Lover | A Fine Frenzy

10 comments:

Crazy Blogger said...

Lovely!

Who was that cute guy! May be I can get u his number! I used to write about Television and soap

Sara said...

This isn't bad at all..it's actually quite pretty...oil pastels can be extremely messy to work with..brilliant job! :)

Anwesa said...

Hey,not bad for a start ! Drawing was one of my fav activities more than a decade ago ( Shehh...I feel old now :P ) Maybe I should try it sometime too.

Ananya said...

Considering how I can never use oil pastels to make anything, this is just so awesome in my eyes :D

Cynthia said...

A lovely, spiritual refreshing
blog.

- Sugar Cube - said...

This is cool
So nice to take up something you've loved in your childhood :)

Tripthi Battapadi said...

Yeah, drawing. I used to be good at it.. then I..just quit.

Maybe, I will try something today.
:)

- said...

it's lovely :) yeah you should do more of this

- dip

VIDYA said...

You know what I've realized over the course of reading your blog?We have very similar tastes in music.I mean,most of the songs I listen to often or like seem to be on your now playing :)
Also,lovely sketch.

IceMaiden said...

@Manjari,
Thanks! :)
He was the guy who plays Ragini's husband on that Bidaai or something like that wala thing. :P He was too fair :/

@Cardinal Ruby,
Thanks so much! It was my first! :)

@Anwesa,
Thanks!! :) You SHOULD do it again! Its super fun! :)

@Ananya,
Hehehe! I am sure you would do a fantastic job of it! :) Try try! :)

@Cynthia,
Thanks so much! :)

@Sugar Cube,
TOTALLY! :) I would take up jumping on the swings too if I didnt fear them breaking if I try doing it now! :P
Thanks! :)

@The Blue Periwinkle,
...then just take it up again. Believe me its so much fun to discover you arent half as bad as you expect yourself to be! :)

@Love Potion,
Thanks so much! :)

@Vidya,
Hey thats nice to know!!! :) You have awesome taste in music I must say then! :P
And Thanks! :)

@Meera,
Thanks! :)

Post a Comment