Mar 14, 2012

EPIC WTF Moment In The Life Of Me!

Something so incredible happened on Holi, that I have been meaning to write about it, to spread the awareness more than anything else, but somehow just haven't found the time to do so! 

So, as some of you may know, I used to volunteer for Teach For India at a local municipal school. I used to go on Saturdays, and generally help out the wonderful TFI Fellow teachers Ritika and Namita with the second grade class full of incredibly AWESOME children! :) My third week there, I took Nutties along, and we ended up taking some REALLY great pictures there. I think we started dating the following week! :) 

In particular two pictures kinda made it big - one of a girl called Zahraa, taken by Nutties


and one of a girl called Sameera, taken by me 


These both pictures were pretty much the starting point of us both taking our photography seriously. [Yes new followers, we take awesome pictures of awesome people. Like as a weekend profession. I don't even know what that means... but well you get the point.]

Now here is what happened -


At first I went - OMGWTFNOSERIOUSLYWHATTHEFCK?!?!?!?!? Then I calmed down a little bit.

We are still trying to figure out how in the world did THAT happen. What saddens me, is that the school is a complete state of disarray, Ritika has been running around trying to get some help to repair the school (The roof actually fell. While a class was on. Little children. The school is located next to a drain that always overflows. And the children still come by, to study. Doesn't that make you, even the gentle folk, really really angry?) And here is this... advertisement(?) which speaks for itself. 

Here is what you can do to help me. PLEASE spread the word. If you Facebook (its ok if you are not really active), please share this blogpost. Please tweet about this. Please blog about it, linking back to this post. All in the hopes that if someone, anyone, could tell me what I can do about this.

~ Annie.
P.S: You can reach me on icemaiden.87@gmail.com
________________________________________________________
Now Playing: Name (acoustic version) | Goo Goo Dolls

5 comments:

nil said...

Facebook's deactivated. Mailing this link on a chain mail now :)

You're doing a good job, Annie. Beautiful pictures, I swear. I shall spread the word, for sure!

Ruhani said...

This is ridiculous.
But oh, the pictures are beautiful! :O
Posting this on my Profile now :)

Sam B said...

Posting on fb forsure. The pics are amazing. AND HOW FUCKED UP IS THAT :O

PeaBee said...

Thats awful! :@
Will post on blog. Hope that helps to spread the word.
Beautiful pictures, btw.

IceMaiden said...

Thank you for all your help guys! :)

Post a Comment