Sep 13, 2009

For my bestest friends....

The other day I read a blogpost (not the first of the kind) where the writer was overcome with emotions about all the blogging buddies she's made online. Its not the first of the kind, because it made me remember some poems and dedications I had read a while back, on blogs here and there, about all the blogging friends they had made. It was nice I guess, to credit blogging buddies for being the bestest, and discussing this with a few of my friends (n omg I have a gazillion :P Im definitely someone who has friends everywhere she goes :P) and a heated debate ensued. According to some of my friends, who dont blog, only do lukkhagiri on FB :P, having virtual friends is always weird, beacuse these people dont have a life. Shush now! A whackkkkk from me followed at the gustak's statement :P Cz I have met some of my closest friends online. :P anyway so we are straying from the topic... This post is about how I have some real life friends (who noone seems to be crediting on Blogsville) who are still my BESTEST friends :)


My school friends who I meet atleast once a week, go shopping with, go for weekend getaways... would you believe it that they havent yet read my blog? :P :D See, strange friends Ive got :P Ok so their big complaint is that I will write about anyone and everyone - from poems for fictional (for them) entities sitting in some godforsaken corner of the world to soft toys to heartbreaks and to silly crushes :P But according to them *sheepishly agrees* I have never mentioned them here. So here it is just for my oldest, bestest, sweetest, most WEIRD friends *what? don't glare! 1. you learnt that from me, n 2. you never came here anyway :P*

Riddhi, Padmaja and I became friends when we were in the sixth standard. I know no one will believe this but I used to like NEVER talk uptill the 7th :P I *yes yes me!* was awfully shy :P We became friends and stayed in the same class all the way till 10th. In the 8th Abha, Ketki joined us. Now this is the weirdest part, you know how bitchy girls are, and so each of us had heard ALL sorts of versions of what the other one was like, no points for guessing, most versions about me. Lolz. I have always been a controversial character :P :D But anyway, 1st day of 8th standard when we were alloted our seats, I rem this so distinctly, I smiled at Abha, and Ketki who sat behind her (I was in the adjacent row - all three always together cz we are short and hence always on the 1st& 2nd benches :P). One smile. Thats all. It took to become friends. *see now u know why i smile so much :P*


Life had different plans for us after school. Me and Riddhi ended up taking up engineering, Abha took up commerce, Ketki took up medical and Padmaja moved all the way to the other coast - chennai. The four of us who remained back, stangely, incredibly, because not many I know are still so close to school friends, we became even closer than school. :) The weekend getaways, the CRAZY shopping trips (Me Abha n Ketki once flirted with 3 guys in the shopping mall and imagine how much we kicked ourselves when we found SRK(them not me) n John(me me me!!!!) were outside for Kaals premeire :P :P :D) We have had countless night outs, sleepovers in our PJ's, discussions about guys and life and friendship and marraige and jobs... Countless lunches and dinners even breakfasts.. Countless wondering how we will be in 10 years from now, about meeting that one guy.. I have cried in front of them *yes im a big crybaby :P* about my broken heart, they were there when I literally had NO clue what I will do in life again. They have been the only people who have known me the longest, and always accepted me the way I am.

Abha is the chotisi bacchi of the group. Even though she scolds me everytime I want to buy one more teddybear at the mall, she is one baby pink - baby blue crazy girl. Aptly named "mini mayapuri" :P , the best part about her is that she has never ever ever been mean to anyone. She is simply incapable of being rude or mean or anything bad in anyway :) We have had countless shopping trips, buying everything from lingerie to cells :P and throw in a whole wardrobe in the middle :P

Ketki is the most matured girl, who had her books all done first in school :P & has the most practical approach to life. She and I were two people with the most volatile natures, and my dear god, have we had some serious fights??!!! And then we each used to storm off and people had to come get us together. Which we used to anyway, because we cant do without each other :) She has the voice of an angel and if she ever went on Idol she will win it, but stupid that she is, she doesnt take us seriously. *sigh!* someday we will kidnap her and send her on stage... someday.. :)

Riddhi is mad. No other word for her. She is the fashionista, drives like she is a racing god :P my flirting partner in crime :P (we have actually gone out with the same guy and then dumped him after respective first dates... *evil laugh*) She considers anything less than perfect hair, less than perfect attire to be a disaster and the girl will actually come to you and tell you you are one disaster :P She understands all jokes in the end, and then we have to laugh a second time with her, she is now in the US and she insists I still write her programs for her :P :) Damn I miss u girl!!! :(

Padmaja moved to the Chennai right after 12th standard. We didnt meet much during Junior high, and we dont talk all that often, *lately thanks to FB we do*, but she still remains one of my closest friends. She has always been this really sweet girl, choir group (yeah we all are a pack of singers :P), intelligent, english mam's fav *right after me ofc :D* I remember the very first outing *shopping trip* that we girls had was because of her *her car :D* Whenever she comes here, we meet up and its like we have never been away at all. And that happenes only with best friends right? I mean people fall apart, fade away, whatever the term, when distance comes into the picture. But we didnt and Im awfully proud of each one of us for that. :)

I love you guys, and I know we meet often enough *a whole week without you guys is LONG seriously*, but still I miss you :) You will always be a big big part of who I am, and whatever I am now would be impossible without you. I know we will remain just as close as we are now, even years from now. Someday we are going to sit with our teenaged kids and tell them about our escapades and argue about who said what, while playing rummy, where Abha will still be winning , me and Riddhi will still be cheating and Ketki will still be lost :P :D & hopefully by then we will NOT be calling paddy over the phone and shrieking into it about who is winning!! :)




I love you guys! Mwahhhhh!!!! :) :)

31 comments:

Nikhil Menon said...

Your best friends are gonna be FOREVER silly.. :) and you dun have to,say THANKS to them..get it?? U need a whaacckk.... :P for saying thanks and all that.. ;)

Happy to see u all smiles..

*Meoowww*

Love,
Nikhil

Nikhil Menon said...

Firssttuuuu.. :P

Unknown said...

oooooooohhhhh thanks so much yaar...i almost cried ...and i guess u knw me so thts quite an acchievement cause i don ususaly cry in movies or after reading anything....but this was awesome..i must say though the distance remains in space i hve actually never felt it in me from the day i left bmby till date....its amazing how close i feel to all of u inspite of the several yrs having passed without meetin..i still feel its only yesterday that i came away nd im gonna meet u all just tomorrow..i m reaally reallly grateful to all of u for having remained the same silly,always giggling,talkative girls tht we were in school..but above all thanks for still having the same beautiful hearts and being a constant remainder that there is always one part of the world that remains as pure, as beautiful and as childish as in the past where i can get to and just be myself and speak my heart...*muah* to all and *hugs* to all and an extra special one to annie for taking us back to those good old times!! :)

Americanising Desi said...

i have lost a lot of best friends.i think the concept is now out dated... esp in my day and age.
i just prefer to keep them friends. and that has done me wonders!

Anonymous said...

I wish to see some more guys in this world, who can take their feelings and friends seriously.After all how many ppl have we seen keeping the memories of their frnds soo close to their hearts and having a spl place for them.I was not lucky to be in your group... ;)

Unknown said...

hey annie... luv u lots....
i actually cried... i wish u were der while i was reading dis...wanted to huggg u....
thanks a ton... infact sayin thanks is nuthin compared to wat u hav wrote....
its truly a masterpiece....

IceMaiden said...

@Nik,
:)

*meow!!!* :)

IceMaiden said...

@Padmaja n Abha,

omg look who is here!!! *faints with excitement* :P :D
Oh comeon u guysss!!!! You know I love you a LOT right?! :)
Padddyyyy, u will make me cry now!! srsly... awww i miss u so much sweetie!!! :(
N Abha, its nuthin great, I just wanted to write about the bestest friends I have ever had... N u n I toh will be shopping even on the last day of our lives... heheheheh!!! :) I simply cnt do without you and I know u know that :)

@Anonymous,
Hey thanks!!! Do i know you? :) I get a feeling I do... :)

@AD,
Awwww... Friends make life a whole lot better, wont u agree? :)

Dhanya said...

Yeah, people who make lots of friends online are basically jobless you know! :D Three cheers to us jobless people!

Cabin-boy Dave said...

That was a really touching post. I guess nothing really comes close to friends you meet at school.

I've changed schools a few times and I haven't really been able to keep up with all of them :(

Lol at 'mini mayapuri', by the way :P

bliss said...

that was such a sweeeet post.... u reminded me of my silly bunch of frnds. yeah i know, i just wrote an entire post abt them but htis was different, this was direct dil se!!!! and it hda same effect!!!
i know u arent asking for it but m gonna telll either way, we are a huge grp too.
m(oops,i mean, i am) the sober and nice one. i usually dont say much but savour every crazy moment with those cartoons.
maswal is the mature one who makes all the plans, keeps us together, mainly the stability of our ship.
vinisha is the choti si bachi cuz she is little in size and truly a chutki...
prachi is the crazy one, extremely moody but thats only cuz she doesnt believe in doing sth just for sake of others. that makes her feel too artificial. she is basically too complex.we all get togther wenever she is in town and its like no time ever passed in between
mehak is the one with short temper but she is also the most caring one of all of us.
supreet is the mellowed one who brings life to our grp....
so thats all of us!!!!

m so glad to know abt all ur frnds!!!!! hope u stay together forever and forever!!!!

Anwesa said...

Raising a toast to Friendship!!

Vishnu said...

"my flirting partner in crime :P (we have actually gone out with the same guy and then dumped him after respective first dates..."
U R UNBELIEVABLE.. nice gang u have dere.. memories.. one thing tht u cant erase..

Anonymous said...

Yaa you do know me but not for a long time. :)
But seriously i do feel very sad thinking whether why i was not among people like you-Who are very much sensitive and serious about frndship and their inner feelings.
Well i'm not missing even a single line of yours. ;)

Dr. Acula said...

Awwwwww :) ...this post was soooooooooooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuteeeeeee!!!!! :D :D I read it all and looooved it!!! :) :)
and OMGGG...SRK and John were outside the mal!!!!!!! You're soooo very lucky to be living in bombay yaar!!!!

And you seriously STILL buy teddy bears??? *Points and laughs*

I was i9n my school choir too!! And I was always ALWAYS all my English teachers' favorite!!! :D :D

IceMaiden said...

@Dhanya,
Cheers.. :) :)
P.S: Im so glad I have awesome frnds ol too :P

@Aneev,
:) Yes nothing can compare to friends you made in school, simply because you were a lot different then than now. :) N they are friends you have the longest.. :)

Lolz at mini mayapuri too :P

IceMaiden said...

@Bliss,
Hey it was so nice reading about your friends.. I so totally understand being so lovingly fond of our school friends. I am about mine. :)

P.S: I hope you guys stay together forever and forever too!! :) Which Im sure you guys will!! :)

@Anwesa,
Hey! Welcome here!
*raises a toast too!* :)
Cheers,
Annie.

@Vishnu.
hehheheheheh!!! *evil grin* :P

IceMaiden said...

@Anonymous,
:P Ok tell me na who is this? :)
Ok Ok tell me do I know you from the real world or the virtual world? School, College or Online friend? :P

@Ishani,
*gets all excited* wowwww lookkkk who is here!!!! :P :D
Hehhehe... yesh its fun shoppiong at that mall, because we ALWAYS run into some celeb. :P Now we are bored of them all :D

N heyyy! whats wrong with teddy bears? *pouts* :P N yes i still do. :P

hehhee!!! hi5 about the choir and english! :P :)

Glad to have you back here! Keep visiting more!!!! :P

Cheers,
Annie.
P.S: I miss the conferences!!! :( :(

Anonymous said...

He Hee Heee, Keep guessing. Anyways i love teasing smaaaall kids.Hmm seriously you are very intelligent and i'm sure that by now you might have figured me out.

Quest said...

I thank all my friends for not beating me black and blue, for not breaking my nose, teeth and bones for all the pranks that I did on them, for making them the laughing stock :D

IceMaiden said...

@Quest...
LOLZ! :P :D
Ok u hav nice frnds if they didnt do that...:P :D

Cheers,
Annie.

ani_aset said...

god bless friendship :)

Mads said...

loved the post. so cute... <3 remembered my friends...hey even i was shy and reserved and all that before :D :D :D

yeah do u whackkkkkk them too? :D
u in mumbai??? which area? doing what?

Blunt Edges said...

sweet :D

buckingfastard said...

ahh!!! skool frnds r always da best frnds...and u always realize dat after u leave skool...

now i miss my frnds...thou we do different things dan u ppl do wen we meet!!!

nicee blog!!!

Misty Rhythm said...

gawd! i'm visiting ur blog after soo longg!!! last time i visited, u'd declared that it was to be ur 2nd/3rd last post! i'm glad u decided against it :)

sigh.
even i have multiple best frnds :)...and ur post made me think abt them all! i think i'll call 'em up now :)

IceMaiden said...

@Ani_aset,
Amen to that! :)

@Mads,
hehehe!!! yeah I whackkk them too... for the record, I whackkk only those who I love to bits!! :)
:)

@Blunt Egdes,
Thanks! :)

@BuckingFastard,
lolz it would reallly help for em to know ur real name, this one makes me :O
:P lolz.
Anyway, thanks for visting! N yeah noone can quite replace school friends! :)

@Misty Rhythm,
Yeahhh i know!!! whr hav u been??? :( No wait I know whr have u been? Isnt durga puja around d corner? :)
N i always 'say' *rolls eyes* that Im gonna quit blogging. I never actually do it. lolz. I really dont think I can! :P
:)

Misty Rhythm said...

haahah i've been arnd....had a tough term!! (MBA sux!)...well good news is, i'm home on a sudden trip :)...soo havin a blast now! n yeah it's durga pujas (starting today, yay!)

phew! plz don't EVER stop blogging!
hugs!

HaRy!! said...

wishes and luc....! so glad to know ..true i miss my best friends now!! distance has always made a mess out of this friendship factor :(.....thanks for the memories...do share more!

HaRy

IceMaiden said...

@Misty Rhythm,
Hav an awesome Durga Puja at home.. :)
*hugs* :)

@ Hary,
Welcome to my blog! :)

Cheers,
Annie.

Anil Sawan said...

u knew that i wud be here right? :P :D

Post a Comment