Dec 10, 2009

THANKS!!!! :)

I wrote and rewrote and yet again rewrote my Birthday Post... trying to describe how my day was.. And as you can see I didn't manage to get it quite so right :) But well that's.. er.. me :P I want to say so many things to so many people... But then words just wont be enough. So I'm going to make this as to the point as possible. This is a "Thank You" to all the wonderful people who make me wonder how in the world did I end up having one of my bestest birthdays!!!! :)

First, Thanks to Arnab who was the first person to call me and give me a sign that my sad birthday wasn't going to be sad after all!!! :P And you sang!!!!!! how AWWWWW is thatttt!!!! I cant wait to meet you and hear a live performance :P

Thanks to 'The Jerk' :P You know why. I reaaallllyyy wished you would have called me by my most favorite name in the whole world.. but oh well!!! NO thanks for the 'please!!!' during the movie. Thanks for confirming that IITians are geeks (I always knew that!) NO Thanks for making fun of my kitty-teddy *whack* and Thanks for the Rocher :) You are one of the awesomest friend I have ever had and I am so so happy that our friendship is so kickass strong! :)

Thanks to Abha & Ketki, my bestest most oldest friends. It was so wonderful meeting up with you, like it always is.. The place has quickly turned into one of my favorite places of recent times to hang out at.. I love you guys for all the years of friendship we have had.. You made my birthday truly complete :)

Thanks to Karan. I cant express just how happy he made me! It was the second time I was meeting him and he was just amazing!!! The tradition of getting a cake for my Birthday continues (I was almost convinced it was going to stop with my 21st one) I cant believe you actually got me Koki!!! (a sindhi dish that I absolutely LOVE!) Awwww!!!!..Thanks for driving from all the way across town to get me my most awesome cake, my most awesome surprise and the most awesome message :) :) :)... which brings me to my next thanks..

Thanks to Isha. omg omg omg!!!! :P I love you! *whack to Karan for sniggering as I know he is!* I cant believe how close we have become over the last months, and how awesome talking to you is.. You are truly my soul sister.. MWAH! :) and I just cant wait to meet you too.... *HUGS*

Thanks to Nik for coming home and devouring half of my leftover birthday cake! :P Thanks for the "belated" birthday party that began at 12.00 6th of Dec.. and lasted for 2 hours where we watched Tevez make the most spectacular goal, had hookah like there was no tomorrow and drove around in the chilly dead of the night... :P Thanks!! :)

Thanks finally to the couple that has been my favourite lately - Binu and Varu :) Love you guys for the gift and love you guys to make the time to meet me (Though you guys could have cut short the 'romantic walk' that resulted in you guys showing up half an hour late!! :P)

and last but not the least...

Thanks to Nikhil... For the gift!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!! You are crazy seriously!!! I cant believe you did that!!!! Awwwwwww.... Thanks for everything. I hope you know you are one of the awesomest guys I know here on Blogsville and one of the very few people who know and accept me the way I am.. for which I am so so grateful :) Meoooowwwwwww!!! :)

So as it turns out, out of 'the list' I didnt get flowers or my bada wala teddy or the goodnight kiss... I didnt get the watch or the Apple Macbook AIR :P... But I got some really warm hugs and some really awesome surprises (one of the best of em' was Ishani calling me up and asking me Guess Who??!!! :P).. I didn't get my flawless complexion but I did get a extremely uncomfortable (because I was glaring) 'nice hair' :P I had a lot of laughs and the most wonderful friends... I didn't get the ice-cream.. I got a sizzling brownie instead :) I got my good movie (Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure :P (If you don't know who is Tinkerbell... refer my FB display pic)).. I got my good book ("The girl with the dragon tattoo").... I missed the beach but I think the drive in the cold made the perfect ending.. :)

But NOTHING beat the feeling of having my bestest friends around me (in some strange way not even literally 'around' me but still so so close!).. NOTHING beat the feeling of.. feeling so loved. :)

Annie.
P.S: I just CANT believe how lucky I am! :) Thanks all you guys!!!!!!

13 comments:

bondgal_rulz said...

It is SOOOO good to know that you had a great time for you more than deserved all of it. :)

Stay happy.
Lub. :D

The Double Inverted Commas said...

Wowieeee. Belated Happy Birthday dear. May you have many, many more.

Haddock said...

Good to know that you had a great time.

bliss said...

such a day doesnt count as 'fine' compared to wat u said wen i asked about your b'day!!! this is like an awesome day!!! and i am sooooo glad u had such a great day!! *thinks of the oh-my-b'day's-gonna be- sad- post* realllly awesome day!!!!!!!!!
cant stop it, Belated happy B'day annie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaunak Mukherjee said...

It's a different high altogether to have great friends! :)
Belated Happy Birthday, and it's great you had an awesome time!

The Wanderer said...

Nice! And people who call up all the way from US get no mention!

Luigi | UPrinting.com said...

This is such a sweet thank you post. It's so nice to know that you had a blast on your birthday. :D

IceMaiden said...

@Isha,
Mwah! :)

@Double Inverted Commas & Haddock,
Thanks a Ton!!

@Bliss,
:P Thanks smitz! :)

@Shaunak,
Yea I know!!!!! Friends rock! :)
Thanks for the wishes.

@Karan,
I mentioned all those people who truly made my day a lot better than it would have been. If I sat to mention long distance calls/calls from elsewhere, it would take me a day to finish the post.

btw, whos the desperate one now?

@Div,
:) :) :)

Anwesa said...

Belated Happy b'de Madame !

P.S. : Me added u up on my gtalk list but u'vnt accepted it till date.

IceMaiden said...

@Anwesa.

Thanks!!!

Hawwww!!!! No I havent got any request :( Add me up on the id that Nik has of me. :)

Dhanya said...

Belated birthday wishes. Saw the post on Isha's blog but couldn't wish you on your lil space. :)

God bless..

Weirdo guy said...

Yikes.. I think i must probably be the last one to do so but

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

*gets smacked on head by ice maiden/annie for being late*


Heh heh.. its alright !

Nikhil Menon said...

Nice to know u had the greatest birthda ever..U deserve all this and much much more acually.. :) I hope u know that..

Love,
Nikhil
www.nikhilmenon.blogspot.com

Post a Comment