Mar 31, 2008

SouNdTracK Of mY LifE.....

Memories… Maybe I am crazy but there’s this thing about me that both the best and the worst thing about me… I cling to memories. Why? Because someone once said memories are the only things that do not change when everything else does…And that is the truth..

Have you ever heard a song from so long ago with so many memories tied to it that it got a lump to your throat that you can’t swallow? And didn't you wish that you could go back into time when everything seemed so much simpler and carefree? Those are songs that are the soundtrack of our lives... the ones that bring back childhood memories, best friends, school memories, memories of your first love, first heartbreak...

Seasons of the Sun / No Matter What (WESTLIFE): Both these songs were played at our school farewell amidst a whole assembly full of us holding candles… that day felt like the perfect fitting ending to a glorious 10 years of life in my school. My school days were the days were the ones I had the most fun-filled days, made the truest friends, cried the most, and laughed the hardest…

Iris (GOO GOO DOLLS): Don’t quite remember when I listened to this song for the first time… but you know how some songs just become a part of our lives as soon as the first strings reach our heart… this is like one of those songs… the words are so true for my life… “when everything feels like the movies…yeah, you bleed just to know you are alive”… takes a real cutter to know what that means…

Colorblind (DARIUS): 10th board exams… staying up till late in the night studying… I didn’t have the privilege of owning a cell phone or a music player, so I took a break from my studying while listening to FM… and that’s where I heard this song for the first time… Everytime I listen to this song…ummm…coffee at 2 and dozing off at 5 with the civics textbook on my head… :)

I want it that way (BSB): I made my mom tear out her hair in frustration when I used to run back home everyday from school to call up Channel Oxygen ( yeah, remember that channel where you call up on the channel and they played their fav songs) Every single time my song was the same…I want it that way… I was simply TOO much in love with Nick carter… my first crush, I was fida over his chocolate-boy looks… and ever since then I have always been drawn to innocent looking hunks…;)

Sutta: The engineering anthem, just have to listen to this song and close my eyes and drift back to the find memories of my 1st year… sittin in class, completing assignments, talking, studying… having all the fun in the world…. Where did time fly past so soon???

Tanha dil tanha safar (SHAAN): my first singing performance, 10th std, with the KASPAR’s in Mahabaleshwar… still can hear the cheers of the crowds… the waning days of school life…filled with warm nostalgia…

You have lost that loving feeling (TOPGUN OST): Tom cruise... bikes... n planes *faints with excitement*... this is one beautiful song that never fails to get a smile to my lips...*smiling foolishly*


*i'll keep adding to the list as the memories come by...*

1 comments:

Raj said...

music. :)
its like the heartbeat. once it starts its stops only at death.

Post a Comment