Mar 5, 2009

My Tattoo!!!

A tattoo is something permanent when you've made a self-discovery…
… or something you've come to a conclusion about.
- Angelina Jolie...



Lately I hav been at the lowest times ever of my life.. Actually I m not completely done wid the bad times... I m still struggling with it. But something about this situation has completely altered the way I deal with things. With Life.


I decided to get this Arabic tattoo, which means "Strength of Will" or "Determination" (Angelina Jolie has it, n thts where I got it from), on my right wrist. *yeah I really love Angie, bt tht’s not y I got this!! :P* This tattoo on my right wrist exactly mirrors whts on my left wrist. A faint hairline scar. Most of the people who hav met me, hav seen the scar, but very few hav actually asked me why n when I did it . I hope its out of respect for my privacy.

This tattoo has a very symbolic meaning for me. Both the lines on both my hands represent two of the most difficult and life-altering choices I hav made. The scar on my left wrist was probably the most cowardly decision of my life, and yet I don’t regret it. Wht followed in the aftermath was the most beautiful time of my life, with the most beautiful person ever. I cherish all those times. But since life has a way of coming to a full circle, n leading u on a way u least expect to go, situations always change. Once again, I found myself in a situation where I wanted to get a quick way out, because I didn’t want to face the pain nemore. But this time, *a million thanks to GRL POWER -- Na, shilpa, moni, prani, all ILMB grls* I decided to face it and get the best out of it.

On one hand there is cowardliness and refusal and givin up... On the other I have strength and determination and acceptance. Both representing tough choices and both combined… Making me the person I am. It’s never easy to hide from ur pain… Because u carry it everywhere u go. Some ppl think that the ones who dun show their emotions, are made of stone.. bt are they that whn they face themselves? No. Even in the refusal, I had hellish times.. really tough times. n the tattoo.. it hurts a million times worse to let go of something’s that u want to hold onto. To accept things u need tht sort of will power that trust me, everyone has, bt it requires a lot of inner searching.

I have never, n will not ever, regret the times tht led me to these two choices. everything has taught me something, and now I know wht it is to hit rock bottom and find ur way up again. now whnever I m goin to be facing difficult times, which I m sure there will be many in life, I will look at both hands of the situations. Exactly like my both hands. I will hav two choices.. n I will know wht is the 'right' choice to make.

Annie...

P.S : Wht has happened in the past, was a result of many things put together. Plz dun judge me on the basis of things u don’t know, much less even understand. Allryt? Thanks. Luv u all lots. Mwah!!


P.P.S : I LOVE MY TATTOO!!! YAY!!!! \m/ *i jus CANT stop grinning foolishly.. hehe*

29 comments:

अविनाश said...

cool one

Nikhil said...

That tattoo is awesome *bows down*

Lancelot said...

alright annie...just my attendance and blog rolling...let the argument starts (did I tell u I am a lawyer :P)

IceMaiden said...

@lancelot?!! OMG! really?? did i tell u i m soon-to-be engineer... tht means meaningless vivas...n tht means arguing wid evryone possible... :) :P

Lancelot said...

ha ha ha I just became a lawyer (graduated in June)...so i have crossed the viva part too :P :P I even used a B word against one of ma professors and got away with it :P

P.s: how come u have my pic in ya display??

G said...

OMG OMG!!!.. Im jealous with a capital J!!!!! the tattoo is awesome! i love the look of it!..i wana get one toooooo!!!....oh man..uv js made me all the more desperate to get one!!!
And i respect you..for you are one of those brave people i know.. and mind u..i know only a few! so hats off to my very courageous frend!!
lotsa love!
mwah!!!

ps..m still jealous though!! :p

mysterious gal said...

WOW that tatoo is just too awesome ....man wish i have the strength to get one someday....but i m jeolous :P
gosh i love it

and today i can say one thing.....i m proud of u :D
Love ya
muaahz

IceMaiden said...

@lancelot..

hehe.. u know wht they say abt viva's huh?! "cant convince them..confuse them" it has made me a great orator!!lolz.

n calvin is my fav lil brat in thw world.. says me *otherwise known as Hobbes!!*

@ gargi n nabs,
thanks!!! hehe .. *smirking!!*

Lancelot said...

@ Ice Ice baby

so i am ya fav brat in other words then...no wonder we are saggis :P

IceMaiden said...

@lancelot...

lolz. high fies.. btw, do u read ne of my stuff ki aise hi ur commenting... lik a conversation. if so then add me on yahoo... ill giv u lots of food for thought!!! hehe... :P

atleast tell me hw my tattoo is! *ur only options are : supeb, mindblowing, amazing, supercool, hail-be-to-annie. choose ne!*

Lancelot said...

lol sorry i have this policy of commenting in the evening and reading in the morning...so yet to read any of your stuff..but yeah u can add me in yahoo (arunkumar_guna@yahoo.com) or gtalk (legolus.shadowfax@gmail.com)...for the tattoo...will read ya posts and comment tomo :))...(eccentricity of saggi :P)

A.prem said...

OMG TATTOO!! ... I JUST LOVE THEM!!!

you've got a sexy one for yourself!! :) .. n i really liked the write up!!

I WANT TO GET ONE ON MY ARMS OR INNER ARMS.. m soo sure i'l have to get married first fr that LOL coz m so sure my parents wont agree to get one done!! :| :((
=))

keep smiling sunshine..
cheers! :)

IceMaiden said...

@anu...

aree lately my mom has been like..yeh koi bhi moment bhadak jayegi.. lolz. cz i hav been so irritated all week... n then i hav doin tattoo tattoo from 3 days... she finally gav in. plus i had a really strong argument... she also has one!!! hehe. its very small.. bt its there. i jus told her ki her inner rebel has been passed onto me now.. n its nt my fault... lollllzzz... :P :D

n i m glad u liked it!!!

shilpa said...

mindblowing........muahhhh....u rock!:)

Anonymous said...

hey nice tattoo annie[:)]
finallly u got tattoo hhmm...gr8:)
-Moni

DeJaVu said...

Hey ta.. those words...the background.. n ur interpretation of life.. everything just simply rocks! today i'm even prouder to be ur friend.. n mayb some day u can help me get a tattoo of my own! hehe

Ashrita said...

Congrats! Amazing Tattoo <3

Lancelot said...

@ Ice Ice Baby

As promised read your post this morning...hmmm so a bitter past- and a happy present and a bright future I see... good and nice tattoo- so far I have had 3 temporary tattoos for my ________... (did I tell you its me who suggested AJ to go for these words?)

freeSpirit said...

kewl kewl... im still like ":O !!!"
;D

Miss Sunshine said...

AMAZING! I <3 ur tattoo! :))
although i just hate angelina jolie. the tattoo rocks!
is it permanent?

Onward said...

i guess this is old news but - THE TATTOO ROX...i would personally not get one coz i would regret it later but urs looks awesome..btw the post was even more awesome..i m not here to judge u or anything of the sort and yeah our opinions differ on ur right hand waala business but the one on the left means hope so i guess even though i dunno u..i m proud of u...

cheers

IceMaiden said...

@Dreamer

oh this tattoo is jus lik a week old. :P :D n i STILL grin foolishly whn i look at it.. hehe.

thank u for ur comments. mean a lot. i was scared of freakin ppl ot wid the nature of the post.. bt cudnt help it. i am wht i am. :) thanks again..

Karan said...

Well written post... n a LOVELY tattoo.. a very meaningful on as well...!! :) ... it takes a lotta courage to get smething inscribed on ur body forevr... way to go...

"i hv been doing tattoo tattoo since last three days" !! lolz ... resorting to th good old way... :P

n this post of urs too reflects th same mood in ur many othr posts... try look away frm all th past memories causing u to get sad... i kno its easier said than done.. bt u hv to do it.. it wud tk time.. bt till thn u need to focus on othr things... ur studies.. n thn mayb a holiday.. hangin out with frenz...

(dunno if i'm doing th right thing by givin u such advice evn whn i kno u only through ur blogs... bt felt like doing so... mayb it wud help... coz help comes frm places whr u least expect it to...!! :) )

Tk Cr...

IceMaiden said...

@karan,

thanks a lot buddy!!! means a lot to me tht u took time to read n tell me hw to get over all this mess.. i know hav been pretty meloncoly lately.. bts thts nt i really am.. :P :D

n no worries abt the advices u gave.. my blog reflects me better than anythng.. ur reading everythng jus the way i am..n ur right abt evrythng...

hoping to let the sunshine break out from behind the clouds in a few more days.. thanks for evrytng u said.. :)

Karan said...

:) ... my pleasure... i hope it helps...

i kno life does become monotonous coz of all this crap... bt im sure th sunshine is going to brk thru th clouds soon... :) ...

or evn bettr.. rathr than waiting fr th sunshine to brk thru th clouds.. simply start flying abv th clouds... like th Eagle... that is... try chaging the way you are perceiving this whole thing... tk it in a positiv way ... learn frm it.. n move ahd...

Misty Rhythm said...

haaha...i just saw "tattoo" on ur tags and i went crazy :P (i luv tattoos). i luved da way you interpreted the tattoo...and yes we all r faced wid choices in every walk of life...i wish u always choose strength...

p.s...i have a kanji(japanese calligraphy) tattoo on my back, just below my neck,which reads "strength" :)...close huh!
p.p.s...tattoo hurt? daft! come to calcutta wid me sometime...my tattoo didn't hurt even the tiniest bit!! seriously.
AND finally, i luv ur tattoo :)

The Great Brown Experiment said...

Nice tattoo. I think it means 'The Greatest' in arabic.

IceMaiden said...

@wild child..

hey nice!!! from all the DAYS i spent researching abt it the closest meaning of this one comes to "Strength of will".. :):P:D

wow-its-Stacey said...

My friend chose a tattoo that says, my wings my gravity. She decided to have that after her father's death. It reminds her how the father reminds her over again to dream high but keep her feet back on the ground.

Stac
tattoo lettering

Post a Comment