Mar 10, 2009

Holi Hai!!!! :)



The pyre burns... with erratic orange sparks flying away..
Spilling yellow light over evrythng tht stands near
Illuminating faces... I can see the fire dancing in their eyes
Old faces weary with the ages, lines deep on their forehead
Young faces, shining in the warm light, smiling toothy smiles...

Its the day the Holika burns..
destroying all tht was bad.. the suffering and the despair..
drinking with it, consuming all that was spite in the world
leaving jus the purity... jus the sancity.. and the smiles..

I watch the ladies with thier incence stickes and earthern lamps
and coins to be thrown... the belief on their brows..
so strong.. n so determined..
The kids dance around the holy light..
They chant prayers as the pyre burns.. cleansing us all..

I still sigh as things crowd my mind..
Y am i still so sad then?
Y can i let go of my troubles?
Y cant i let the holika wash away my pain..
leaving me too, clean and peaceful..

The wood burns with tht strange singeing sound..
The warmth of the blazing fire...seems to seep in..
All the way to the core of my bones.. n my soul..
Urging me to throw away my pain.. To let go of things.
To watch that all I hav to do is try..give it up for a moment..

And watch as they disappear with the twisting buring wood
And watch as the fire pulverizes it into somethng i dont know..
Watch it turn to dust before my eyes... so insignificant...
n feel the burden lift off my shoulders..
Move on in life, towards the light..Smiling..

... Embracing life...

4 comments:

अविनाश said...

I still sigh as things crowd my mind..
Y am i still so sad then?
Y can i let go of my troubles?
Y cant i let the holika wash away my pain..
leaving me too, clean and peaceful

excellent

Happy waala holi :-)

IceMaiden said...

happy holi to u too avinash!!! :) wish u n ur family all the bright colors of happines..

Lancelot said...

dushooooooooooon...u did it again...

Happy Holi

undisclosed said...

happy holi.......
(good work)

Post a Comment